- Corporate Governance
- Enterprise Risk Management
Enterprise Risk Management
Overview of Sta. Lucia Land's Corporate Governance. We maintain the high standard of corporate governance on which we manage risk and build trust to stakeholders.
We maintain the high standard of corporate governance on which we manage risk
and build trust to stakeholders.
Risk Management System
Overall risk management philosophy of the company
The Board and Management believe that ‘risk management’ should be an essential part of the planning and operations process of the Company in order to meet corporate goals and objectives.
- The Risk Management system is reviewed annually.
- A Risk Management Plan is updated to determine whether the risks identified, assessed, quantified and aggregated remain current and are among the key risks priorities. Measures and/ or controls identified to address these key risk priorities are evaluated if still effective in mitigating subject risks. Risk monitoring and reporting activities are reviewed to ensure its effectiveness such that these risks priorities and control activities are optimized and utilized to help Management meet its goals and objectives.
- Risk Management: The Group’s credit risk management includes the process of analysis prior to taking decisions, the decision-making itself, the instrumentation and monitoring of the transactions formalized and their recovery. The Board Risks Committee analyses and, where appropriate, authorizes the risk proposals whose volume may compromise the Group’s solvency and capital adequacy or the recurrence of its earnings. It does the same for other risk proposals that might present potential operational risks or reputational risks in the terms established by the Executive Committee.
- Policy Objective: Realize profits thus becoming a dependable partner to our clients
Structural Interest Risk
- The management balance sheet exposure to interest risk aims to keep exposure at levels with the Group’s strategy and risk profile when market interest rates change. With this aim, it actively manages the balance sheet by trading to optimize the level of risk incurred with regard to expected earnings and to comply with the highest level of tolerable risk.
- To improve cash flow to generate more investible funds
VICENTE R. SANTOS
63, Chairman and Directorof the Company
He is also Executive Vice President of the following companies: Sta. Lucia Realty & Development, Inc., Sta. Lucia Waterworks Corp., Sta. Lucia East Commercial Corp., RS Night Hawk Security & Investigation Agency, and Sta. Lucia East Department Store, Inc. He is the President of Acropolis North subdivision and serves as Corporate Secretary of Lakewood Cabanatuan, RS Maintenance & Services Corp., Sta. Lucia East Cinema Corp. He is the Chairman and a director of Orchard Golf & Country Club. Mr. Santos holds a Bachelor’s degree in Management from San Sebastian College. Mr. Santos is also SLI committee member of the following: Executive Committee, Audit Committee, Corporate Governance Committee, Board Risk Oversight Committee, Related Party Transactions Committee and Compensation & Remuneration Committee.